I'm [Almost] Back

Hi there,

Who?

You.

Yes, you (who are reading this in 2016, kudos and thanks and lots and lots of love from me).

It's been almost two years since I last posted, blogged or even reviewed any book. The moment I started university for the first time, I struggled to keep up with my grades and also running a book blog with frequent updates. I've thought about returning more times than you can imagine but I've never really returned.

Recently, chatting to a somewhat prominent blogger, I realised that I should start blogging again because I had a voice. Not to toot my own horn but I've had people in real life (friends, of course, not strangers) come up to me and ask me for book recommendations because of my blog. And, I gave that up. I didn't share that with my friends from university.

I also read through my own blog with fresh eyes and was thoroughly amused with the voice I had.

So,

I am just here to tell you that I am almost back and I will return. In about a week, most likely less. I'm still struggling to finish up very overdue essays. I struggled very hard with focusing on my studies this semester. I've lost a lot of motivation just staring at theories and listening to things I'd never use in life. And now, in my third, final and crucial year, I am branching out and grasping on to things I never made time for.

My grades will suffer but I'll never regret choosing my health, my family and my personal interests over some grades.

Back to the point at hand,

I am almost back. With a whole stock of new books. And things to say.

This is going to be a little more niche place (as if it wasn't already) but I can't change the url to something along the lines of the-romance-junkie because people already know this url.

But as I primarily (read, only) read young adult and romance novels, that's what this blog will mostly feature. Maybe I'll have others but mostly just my guilty pleasures.

I hope you'll be here for my return. It won't be with much fanfare.

I hope to see you all soon.

With much love,
Avery

This entry was posted on Monday 6 June 2016. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply